Thursday, June 24, 2010

Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwich

Usually lunch consists of leftovers or WW Smart Ones but every now and then I make something that can only be defined as a "quintessentially lunch" dish. Today is such a day...I love pimiento cheese sandwiches! I first started eating them as a child and throughout college and grad school they were the quick go-to for a home sacked lunch. This version of pimiento is an adaptation from, "WW Ultimate Classics 101 Best-Loved Recipes." The only difference between their version and mine is that I use fat free mayo and I add a generous portion of dill (I actually use over a tbsp but only included 1/2tbsp in the recipe I posted), lastly I use cayenne pepper instead of red pepper. Grilling the sandwich until golden gives the cheese mixture a nice consistency of almost melted but still textured. Serve this up with Baked Lays for an easy 2pt side (I love the new Parmesean and Tuscan Herb flavor.) The recipe makes enough for four 1/4c servings, so serve a few or save for a later date. If served with chips: 6pts, without chips: 4pts! Yummy Grilled Pimiento Cheese Sandwich

No comments:

Post a Comment