Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Home, Sweet Home!


 And we're back from the most amazing and exhausting summer trip yet! We spent ten days with family going all over from Savannah and Jykell Island, GA to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Playa del Carmen, Mexico! We were able to experience once in a lifetime feats...swimming with stingrays, holding baby sea turtles, caving/spelunking through an underground river and lighthouse climbing just to name a few. All of this daily activity, including the endless stair climbing aboard ship, made me appreciate even more how much my body has changed in the past six months. I am not saying that I would not have done these things before; more that I realized whereas before the physicality of the trip would have left me drained each day now my body was filled with energy enough to still work out aboard ship. Do not get me wrong however I did not adhere to the WW doctrine while on board; rather I decided that vacation is a break entirely from the norm and if I don't allow myself to enjoy life's joys (be it food or otherwise) at least on special occaison then I would be robbing myself of the good stuff. So suffice to say that yes I gained, but it's not the end of the world...I'm looking at it as a souvenir from late night fancy dress dinners with my family, slices of cheesecake shared with my love in the middle of the day overlooking the ocean, and as a few drinks that led to dancing my butt off and laughing even harder. This week I will resume my cooking schedule with ease, I really missed cooking surprisingly, and will be patient as the pounds I regained disappear again.

No comments:

Post a Comment